We're getting ready for this week's premiere of Justice League by diving into the origins of our favorite superhero characters (and dancing a bit with some Nietzschean aesthetic theory while we're at it). And we're excited to have Daryl from The Story Geeks Podcast (a project from The Reclamation Society) on as a guest host to share his expertise on comic books and superhero movies. Don't let anyone kill Martha - catch this week's episode on Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice!
SUBSCRIBE TO THE STORY CAULDRON
And search for us on: Stitcher, TuneIn, Castbox, PodcastAddict, and more!
An explanation of Nietzsche's Apollonian and Dionysian forces by Alexander Gatherer for The Oxford Philosopher
Books Referenced in Episode
- Supergods: What Masked Vigilantes, Miraculous Mutants, and a Sun God from Smallville Can Teach Us About Being Human, by Grant Morrison
- Batman, Superman, and Philosophy: Badass or Boyscout?, ed. Nicolas Michaud (Anthony wrote Chapter One)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, by Frank Miller et. al.
- The Death of Superman, by Dan Jurgens et. al.
- Superman: Red Son, by Mark Millar et. al.
- Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth, by Grant Morrison and Dave McKean